Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) tend to be a topic that people prefer to steer clear of. With that said, contracting an STD is never something to be ashamed of and it’s certainly not uncommon! As a matter of fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that nearly 20 million new STDs occur every year in the United States - those between the ages of 15-24 account for half of these infections .
If infections go undiagnosed or untreated, they can cause a range of complications which is why it’s so important to keep a close eye on your sexual health. STD testing often involves a blood or urine sample, if you would prefer, you can take this test from home with LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home STD Tests.
How do you check for STDs from home?
The best way to confirm or deny if you’ve contracted an STD is by taking a test. If you’d rather not take the trip to the doctors office or clinic, you can check for STDs at home with a fast and reliable at-home STD lab test.
LetsGetChecked’s range of at-home STD tests check for some of the most common bacterial and viral infections with online results in just 5 days.
- Simple 2 checks for Chlamydia and Gonnorhea; two of the most common, silent infections
- Basic 3 checks for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis
- Standard 5 checks for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomoniasis, HIV, and Syphilis
- Complete 10 checks for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Trichomoniasis, HIV, Syphilis, Gardnerella, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, Herpes Simplex Virus I & II
The test will arrive in discreet packaging with a return envelope and clear instructions inside. Online test results will be available within 2-5 days and our dedicated clinical team will be available throughout the process for support and guidance and will be available to speak with you about your results and the next steps you should take. If you would like more detail about the sampling process, find out more here.
Are at-home STD tests accurate?
With LetsGetChecked’s at-home STD test kits, your samples are processed in the same labs used by doctors, hospitals, and government schemes. Our laboratories are all CPA approved and ISO accredited; the highest levels of accreditation.
Sample collection kits are also manufactured within our ISO 13485 accredited facility, the highest level of accreditation for medical devices.
When should you check for an infection?
Many STDs are renowned for not showing any signs or symptoms - making early detection and treatment vital to avoid any potential long term consequences.
If STD’s do show symptoms, some of the most common include:
- Painful urination
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Rash on the genitals and/or anus
- Itching or irritation on the genitals and/or anus
- Unusual lumps or bumps around the genitals and/or anus
- Change in color of the male or female discharge
- Abnormal discharge in terms of smell, consistency or volume
- Strong vaginal odor
- Painful erections
Keep in mind, regular testing is one of the best steps you can take towards ensuring your sexual health, and your partners are a priority. So whether you have simply just become sexually active or have started a new sexual relationship; it’s always a good idea to check-in!
The most reliable way to check for STDs at home is with an at-home STD test. The process is simple:
- The test is shipped directly to you by next day delivery
- Activate your test and answer a few health-related questions
- Your health record will be reviewed by a medical team member and should you need any support services, they will be provided
- Collect your sample at a time that suits you
- Send your sample back to our laboratory using the pre-paid shipping label provided
- Your sample will be processed in an anonymous and timely manner
- Your results will be reviewed by our team of doctors. A member of our nursing team will contact you to
You should consider taking the LetsGetChecked STD test if
- You become sexually active
- You have had unprotected sex
- You are experiencing symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection
- You are entering into a new sexual relationship
- You have received a notification from a previous partner that they are infected (STIs can remain dormant for years and/ or take up to three weeks to become detectable.)